Thursday 29 November 2007

More references.

I have found several articles on the revenge topic of Park Chan-Wook's vengeance triliogy.

First of all I will watch all three of the movies in the triliogy and analyse how I think he represents revenge in them.

Movies:
Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance
OldBoy
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance


So far i have seen the two movies in bold. I will also watch the dvd interview with the director to see if he says how he thinks he represents it. I will also look at interviews with him in magazines, newspapers etc.



I found these articles using the InfoTrac News & Onefile subscribtion on the long road moodle site. ( http://find.galegroup.com/menu/commonmenu.do?userGroupName=longr&finalAuth=true ), I have marked all the articles that could aid me in my research.

I searched "revenge narrative oldboy " and came up with one useful newspaper article from The Guardian. I will highlight the information in the article that i think is important and could help me in my research.

Article:

Film & Music: Film reviews: DVD releases: Lady Vengeance 3/5 Rental and retail (pounds 17.99) Tartan. Cert 18.(Guardian Film and Music Pages).


Full Text: COPYRIGHT 2006 Guardian Newspapers Limited

Byline: Rob Mackie

The conclusion of Korean director Park Chan-wook's revenge trilogy is very different from the second film, Oldboy, which won him a Cannes prize and recognition in the west. This one has its shock moments but concentrates more on exquisite framing and lyrical interludes, sometimes at the expense of a narrative that is loaded with flashbacks within flashbacks. Park refers to it as a "fairytale" in a DVD interview, though it's equal parts nightmare. And, as in Oldboy, Park uses Vivaldi's soothing music in counterpoint to the action. Various actors from the earlier film recur too - including its stars, Choi Min-sik and Yu Ji-tae. But it's dominated by a spellbinding performance by Lee Yeong-ae, who turns from charmer to cold-eyed murderer in pursuit of the paedophile who framed her into a 13-year jail sentence.

To order any DVD/video with free UK p&p, call 0870 836 0712


Source Citation: "Film & Music: Film reviews: DVD releases: Lady Vengeance 3/5 Rental and retail (pounds 17.99) Tartan. Cert 18." The Guardian (London, England) (May 5, 2006): 8. InfoTrac Full Text Newspapers Database. Gale. Long Road VI Form College. 29 Nov. 2007

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment